Forum sur David James Elliott, sa vie, sa carrière
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Forum sur David James Elliott, sa vie, sa carrière

Le forum francophone sur David James Elliott

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  ConnexionConnexion  
Le Deal du moment :
Bon plan achat en duo : 2ème robot cuiseur ...
Voir le deal
600 €

Hallmark Channel - Questions réponses à DJE - Mai 2010

4 participants
AuteurMessage
Dine
Administratrice
Administratrice
Dine

Hallmark Channel - Questions réponses à DJE - Mai 2010 Empty
MessageSujet: Hallmark Channel - Questions réponses à DJE - Mai 2010   Hallmark Channel - Questions réponses à DJE - Mai 2010 EmptyLun 24 Mai - 18:29

Source :

http://www.fordjefans.com/imagesiv/HallmarkQ&A.html

Ici l'article en copier-coller, cela me permettra de le traduire demain (si j'ai le temps) :

Hallmark Channel Presents...
Q & A with David James Elliott
May 2010

If DAVID JAMES ELLIOTT isn’t the most anonymous star of a television series that ran for 10 years, he surely must be close. As Commander Harmon Rabb, Jr., he was the straw that stirred the long-running drama “JAG,” which was a primetime mainstay from 1995 to 2005. And yet, Elliott could probably blend into a crowd today without causing much of a fuss. This is likely mostly a good thing, considering how Elliott is enjoying being able to pick and choose his projects and spend quality time with his wife and two kids. But at the same time, he seems a bit on the restless side, which is why Elliott recently decided to take the family on a trip to the Ecuadorian Amazon to live in a hut with a warrior tribe. It’s about as far away from Hollywood as one can get. But Elliott still keeps his hand in his craft, starring
in the new Hallmark Channel Original Movie, “Dad’s Home,” which premieres Saturday, June 19 (9p.m. ET/PT, 8c).

DAVID JAMES ELLIOTT: OFF ON A JAG TO THE JUNGLE

Crown Features Syndicate™️

David James Elliott isn’t the kind of guy who you’ll usually find perched on a political soapbox peddling his ideology to spur change. If he’s known for being anything at all, it’s as a steady-as-a-rock family man with a wife he adores and a couple of kids to whom he devotes most of his free time.

This is the TV star who isn’t; a gentleman who logged 10 years on the successful prime time drama, “JAG,” yet who acts like a regular dude who doesn’t think he’s anything special. Instead of enlisting layers of publicity and management people to insulate him from the press and public, Elliott gives out his cell phone number to schedule an interview – and says to call anytime.

This is not how it works with George Clooney or Jennifer Aniston.

“Hey, I just figure what’s the big deal, you know?” Elliott reasons. “We’re just people. You call me, we have a chat. Isn’t that how it works?”

The answer: Not always.

And yet this guy who lives anywhere but an ivory tower is on the phone talking about how that coming Friday, he’s going to be traveling with his family to a tiny remote village on the Amazon region of Ecuador to live in a hut with members of a warrior culture known as the Achuar.

Why is the Elliott family going to this place to live with these people? Because this generally non-political animal has determined that the Achuar need his help as they continue to fend off attempts from U.S.-based oil companies to displace them and drill for oil on their land. Think of it as the plot of “Avatar” come to life. Or perhaps an episode of “JAG.”

“I have a friend who called my attention to this, and we wound up getting invited down through the organization Amazon Watch,” Elliott says. “I don’t have all of the facts, but I know there’s been a horrible mess left down in this part of the world and these people have managed to fight off the oil companies for more than 10 years in the courts.

“We just leaped at the opportunity to do this, to go for a few weeks and experience this culture. It’s difficult to imagine a worthier cause than this.”

It’s also true that after spending a decade (1995-2005) and 225 episodes presiding over “JAG,” Elliott was looking for new challenges. He has been able to pick and choose his projects after the intensity of anchoring an hour-long network series for so many years. He’s had recurring roles on a couple of series and worked in a couple of indie features lately, but nothing huge.

Perhaps Elliott’s most significant gig since “JAG” unfolds just as summer gets rolling with the premiere of the Hallmark Channel Original Movie “Dad’s Home” on Saturday, June 19 (9p.m. ET/PT, 8c). The film finds him starring as a workaholic widower who suddenly has to raise his kids (ages 12 and eight) on his own after losing his job and firing the help.

“I’ll tell you what was so great about doing this movie,” Elliott points out. “I got to work with Bradford May, who directed not only this film but a lot of our ‘JAG’ hours, too. And he made working in this movie like a free-form jam session. Almost every scene was rewritten in the moment. The scenes were in this constant state of flux, and we just amended and improvised as we went.”

The storyline of “Dad’s Home” also connected for Elliott. While he’s still very much happily married (for 18 years to actress Nanci Chambers) and hardly a widower, he has children of similar age to the two in the film.

“The crew was also very young, and they loved to learn on the fly,” he adds. “They cared as much as I did about making this movie great. That’s exactly how it felt being on ‘JAG’ all of those years, which was like raising and nurturing a child in itself. At times I loathed the show, of course, but on the whole it was just the most exhilarating experience imaginable.”

About the only negative on the “Dad’s Home” set, Elliott jokes, surrounded his taste for cigars. He liked to smoke them on set, which resulted in his “being put in a chair in the far corner as the leper. You do what you have to do to survive.”

Indeed, Elliott, 49, is very much a survivor. Of course, the jungles of show business are one thing; those of the Amazon are quite another.

We know by now whether or not Elliott survived his family’s adventure with the Achuar. But during this chat, he was still days away from embarking on the journey to what he called one of the most bio-diverse and pristine areas of the Amazon River basin.

Also, it’s one of the most exotic and dangerous, to hear Elliott tell it.

“Everything in the Amazon can kill you,” he maintains. “You look on the Internet and it’ll scare you to death. There are these things called kissing bugs that bite you on the lip, and it’s only 20 years later that an amoeba has started eating your brain. There are tiny fish that can swim up your urethra and into your body. The only way to get them out is to cut into your groin.

“Then I saw pictures on this one website of a spider web with a monkey caught inside it, and the monkey had been really messed up. They have spiders big enough to eat monkeys down there. You’ve got to get a lot of shots and take a lot of pills before you can go, because they have creatures and diseases down there that we can’t even imagine.”

Oh, and then there’s the food. Yum.

“What you eat with the Achuar is monkey and tapir, which I imagine tastes like chicken,” Elliott jokes. “They also have a ceremonial drink in this village that’s basically fermented saliva. And the villagers are insulted if you don’t try it. Let me tell you, this is no tourist junket.”

That would seem to be a significant understatement. And mind you, Elliott once contracted the sometimes-deadly Dengue fever while traveling in Guatemala.

“It’s the chance of a lifetime, and my wife and kids are excited as hell about it,” he stresses. “It’s all about experiencing everything before you leave this life. I want to make sure I get to do everything before I’m out of here.”

If Elliott doesn’t, it won’t be for lack of trying. He’s already done pretty well for a guy born in the rural town of Milton, Ontario in Canada who was raised by his folks to be humble. It’s why he can’t abide those who lay down star trips or try to pull rank while working on an acting set.

“I don’t understand that part of somebody who suddenly thinks they’re better than somebody else simply because of the job they happen to be doing,” Elliott says. “Some of the most successful people I know also are the most humble. I think there’s a great lesson in that.”

“Dad’s Home” premieres Saturday, June 19 (9p.m. ET/PT, 8c)

-- HALLMARK CHANNEL --

Apparemment cela serait une partie de l'interview donnée pour Dad's Home.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
http://djeaddict.fr-bb.com
Dine
Administratrice
Administratrice
Dine

MessageSujet: Re: Hallmark Channel - Questions réponses à DJE - Mai 2010   Hallmark Channel - Questions réponses à DJE - Mai 2010 EmptyLun 24 Mai - 18:30

Traduction à venir.
http://djeaddict.fr-bb.com
Isabelle
Addict
Addict
Isabelle

MessageSujet: Re: Hallmark Channel - Questions réponses à DJE - Mai 2010   Hallmark Channel - Questions réponses à DJE - Mai 2010 EmptyLun 24 Mai - 22:19

Merci.
Jacqueline
Addict
Addict

MessageSujet: Re: Hallmark Channel - Questions réponses à DJE - Mai 2010   Hallmark Channel - Questions réponses à DJE - Mai 2010 EmptyLun 24 Mai - 22:49

Merci en attendant
sedb
Modératrice
Modératrice
sedb

MessageSujet: Re: Hallmark Channel - Questions réponses à DJE - Mai 2010   Hallmark Channel - Questions réponses à DJE - Mai 2010 EmptyJeu 27 Jan - 17:59

Merci beaucoup !
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Hallmark Channel - Questions réponses à DJE - Mai 2010   Hallmark Channel - Questions réponses à DJE - Mai 2010 Empty

Hallmark Channel - Questions réponses à DJE - Mai 2010
Page 1 sur 1