Forum sur David James Elliott, sa vie, sa carrière
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Forum sur David James Elliott, sa vie, sa carrière

Le forum francophone sur David James Elliott

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  ConnexionConnexion  
Le Deal du moment :
Bon plan achat en duo : 2ème robot cuiseur ...
Voir le deal
600 €

Articles : ce qu'ils disent de lui.

+2
sedb
Dine
6 participants
AuteurMessage
Dine
Administratrice
Administratrice
Dine

Articles : ce qu'ils disent de lui. Empty
MessageSujet: Articles : ce qu'ils disent de lui.   Articles : ce qu'ils disent de lui. EmptyDim 6 Avr - 17:31

Un article trouvé aujourd'hui.

Thursday, April 03, 2008

The Blood

This new gig as the back-page editor and interviewer at Time Out New York is more fun than I expected and I feel pretty lucky to have it. I mean, just the other day I managed to get Patrick Stewart to say both "Darmok and Jelad at Tanagra" and "meatballs are delicious" to me over the phone. (I will link to the Q+A when it's up next Tuesday.) But it also comes with the small but real risk that you're totally going to blow an interview when you least want to blow it -- as I did with a certain incredibly influential NPR host yesterday. For some reason my goddamn phone hookup malfunctioned and not a single word of what would have been the greatest interview ever published is audible. Total disaster.

Now, I've had tapes snap on me before, like when I interviewed David James Elliott over lunch a while back for TV Guide -- and seriously, you haven't lived until you've eaten a meal opposite TV's JAG while he chatters on about training for triathlons. But snapped tapes can be repaired. Malfunctions of the kind that happened to me yesterday, though, can't be fixed; the only thing you can do is hope they'll consent to do a second interview with you. Surprisingly, something on the order of this magnitude of failure has happened to me only one other time in the literally hundreds of interviews that I've done with celebrities since I began doing them back in 1996. (First celebrity interview ever? Lee Majors, for Entertainment Weekly.) That disaster happened about six years ago, when I was assigned by GQ to interview actress and noted Scientologist Juliette Lewis. I met her at a Jewish deli in a strip mall opposite the Scientology headquarters in L.A., where my stupid questions about her "religion" and career totally bewildered her -- which means, of course, that it went perfectly. But I had to fly to Vegas later that day to -- and I'm not making this up -- hang out with an Elvis Presley impersonator (he preferred the term "Elvis entertainer"), and my flight home to New York was stupidly booked for the next morning at around 6am. Because the interview with the Elvis guy lasted until around 2, I decided that it would be better not to go to sleep and instead hit the tables for a few hours before heading to the airport. The lack of sleep or possibly a few drinks caused me to forget that upon arrival I'd dumped the contents of my bag onto the bed of the hotel room (the room I spent a grand total of five minutes in) and also not to pack the Lewis tape upon departure; by the time I noticed it was missing, I was already back in New York and the tape was in a trash bin somewhere behind the Imperial Palace. Even though I was later able to get Ms. Lewis back on the phone, and the Q+A did run in GQ, the published article wasn't nearly as good as the original conversation because Lewis was much more guarded the second time around and seemingly perturbed that she had to spend another half hour doing something she wasn't really getting paid to do.

I've always seen that snafu as one of the low points of my career, which is sad because it involves Juliette Lewis, whom I have no feelings about one way or another. But this new problem is a disappointment of real significance.

Still, I'm sure he'll agree to a follow-up. And my plan this time is to ask better, more hilarious questions, one of which is definitely going to be about burritos. I'm viewing the "lost" interview as one of those pre-interviews you always hear late-night talk show guests alluding to. I'm trying out optimism for a change, although, yeah, it isn't going to last.

Et le lien : http://angryjohnsellers.blogspot.com/2008/04/blood.html

En gros, si j'ai bien compris c'est un journaliste télé qui a eu des problèmes avec son dictaphone en tant que journaliste sur TV Guide lors d'une interview de DJE.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
http://djeaddict.fr-bb.com
sedb
Modératrice
Modératrice
sedb

MessageSujet: Re: Articles : ce qu'ils disent de lui.   Articles : ce qu'ils disent de lui. EmptyDim 6 Avr - 17:34

Razz

Merci beaucoup Smile
Isabelle
Addict
Addict
Isabelle

MessageSujet: Re: Articles : ce qu'ils disent de lui.   Articles : ce qu'ils disent de lui. EmptyDim 6 Avr - 21:26

Merci, le sujet m'indique que tu vas nous trouver des bijoux. Wink
Victoire
Addict
Addict
Victoire

MessageSujet: Re: Articles : ce qu'ils disent de lui.   Articles : ce qu'ils disent de lui. EmptyDim 6 Avr - 21:30

Isabelle a écrit:
Merci, le sujet m'indique que tu vas nous trouver des bijoux. Wink

comme d'habitude avec Didine

merci
bisous
cam
Addict
Addict
cam

MessageSujet: Re: Articles : ce qu'ils disent de lui.   Articles : ce qu'ils disent de lui. EmptyLun 7 Avr - 15:39

Merci
Jacqueline
Addict
Addict

MessageSujet: Re: Articles : ce qu'ils disent de lui.   Articles : ce qu'ils disent de lui. EmptyLun 7 Avr - 15:58

J'attends avec impatience la traduction
Dine
Administratrice
Administratrice
Dine

MessageSujet: Re: Articles : ce qu'ils disent de lui.   Articles : ce qu'ils disent de lui. EmptyDim 24 Oct - 14:56

Un article trouvé sur Allociné en faisant du tri :

Allociné - On l'aurait bien vu dans Terra Nova

Ce qu'est Terra Nova :

Terra Nova
http://djeaddict.fr-bb.com
Jacqueline
Addict
Addict

MessageSujet: Re: Articles : ce qu'ils disent de lui.   Articles : ce qu'ils disent de lui. EmptyLun 25 Oct - 18:47

Je pense à Terre neuve
sedb
Modératrice
Modératrice
sedb

MessageSujet: Re: Articles : ce qu'ils disent de lui.   Articles : ce qu'ils disent de lui. EmptyJeu 27 Jan - 19:00

Merci beaucoup !
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Articles : ce qu'ils disent de lui.   Articles : ce qu'ils disent de lui. Empty

Articles : ce qu'ils disent de lui.
Page 1 sur 1